Friday, November 22, 2013

Half way there!!

Oi Everyone!!
 
I can hardly believe that Wednesday was my half way mark of being here in the CTM! 3 weeks down and 3 to go! Time has been flying by here, but if feels like forever since I have been home in New York. This week I had alot of adventures, so I will try to get them all.
 
Our first real adventure was on Wednesday. We got to go out to the downtown Sao Paulo and give out Book of Mormons like real missionaries! We went with one of our teachers who is super cool. We took a 25 minute bus ride to downtown, spent an hour out in the city talking with people and then we headed back. The way home was the crazy part though. We waited at a bus stop for 15 minutes and the one we needed didn't come, so we went down to what is like a subway, but way nicer than the ones in NYC took a couple of those with some transfers and then got off, and took a bus the rest of the way back. It took about an hour and half to get back. It was so much fun those. It reminded me so much of being in NYC except the transportation is way nicer! If you think the NYC subway system was big, you should try to google and find the Sao Paulo one... it's crazy! Thank goodness we had our teacher with us!
 
Then yesterday, we went to the police station to turn all of our visa papers in and get registered with in the country. We got there at 8:30 and waited for about 3 hours to get fingerprinted and such. The whole time I was pretty much standing around, but I was hanging out with an elder from Argentina, and elder from Boliva, a girl from Colorado. The life here is so cool! Hanging out with Hispanics and Brazilians and people from all over the United States... I still have to stop myself and remind myself how amazing it is and how blessed I am! Everyone here is so nice- I don't think I have met one person who is not nice. I am so blessed to have this opportunity.
 
I went to the temple again this morning which was amazing, but it took and hour and 45 minutes to get there... so not the most fun. The driving here... people drive like they do in NYC, except take all of the taxis and make them motorcycles. No one stays in their lane, or stops at the stop signs... I have yet to see an accident though which is amazing. I guess the people know what they are doing, even if I can'e even look out of the windown while I am on the bus :)
 
Nothing else super amazing happened this week. I am pretty much learning Portuguese, teaching lessons to our "investigators" and eating and sleeping. Life here is so amazing! It still does not feel real to me that I am in Brazil- like in South America! I am beyond blessed to have this opportunity and meet these people.
 
I don't have alot of time today to write- for which I am sorry, but I just want to say I love all of you! I know this gospel is true and that I am here for a reason. I pray of all of you and hope that you are doing well. I love my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives and that He will return one day. I am so grateful for the precious gift of prayer that we have. The ability to communicate with our Father in Heaven at anytime and anyplace is an amazing blessing- one that I am coming to realize more and more here with each passing day. I love this gospel and I love each of you! I hope you all have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving!!
 
Com Amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment