Friday, November 29, 2013

1 Month!

Oi Everyone!
 
I cannot believe that tomorrow marks my 1 month mark of being on my mission! It seems like time has gone by so fast, but at the same time, I feel like I have lived here forever.
 
I hope you all had a wonderful week and a fabulous Thanksgiving! Nothing super amazing happened this week, just a bunch of little things, so I will tell you about all of the little amazing things. I was good this week and wrote them all down, but of course I forgot it in my room and I am on a timer on the computer, so I cannot go get it.
 
I said my first prayer in Português this week at the Devotional on Tuesday. It doesn´t seem like that big of a deal, but when you think about that the room is filled with Brazilians and Hispanics as well as Americans who can speak better Português then me, I was quite nervous. I was actually more nervous to give the prayer than to give my farewell talk in Sacrament Meeting.. and that talk was 20 minutes long! Anyway... I did it and the CTM President who was sitting right behind the microphone said I did a great job after.
 
I am playing the piano more now which is so amazing! I am so grateful that I could talk my love of music and ability to play the piano with me to Brasil. Playing the piano is such a destresser and a wonderful way to spend what little spare moments I have. I am playing a musical number accompanying the choir, playing the piano for our Branch Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and accompanying my district on piano for our musical number our last Sunday here at the CTM. I love playing the piano and am so grateful for the talent that I have!
 
Português is coming along okay. I can understand what people say to me as long as they do not talk super fast, mumble or quietly, but my problem is that I can´t respond and with what Português words I do know, my brain throws in German word too so that´s fun... Anyway, we teach two investigators, one every other day, but they are not real investigators, they are our instructors, so teaching them is interesting. They are acting, so they pretend that they don´t know us and such, but sometimes it is hard to forget that moment where we laughed in class for 5 minutes straight because of something someone said... In one of my lessons this week, I was speaking in Portugúês and I don´t know if it was something that I said, but he literally started laughing, which made me and my companion laugh and so we couldn´t talk. For the rest of the lesson I couldn´t look at him because he had this smerk on his face, which makes me laugh. So anyway, that is a good time :)
 
So Thanksgiving- it was pretty much the same as anyother day, but for lunch (the big meal of the day here) they had a Thanksgiving dinner. They had turkey, suffing, potatos, corn, ice cream for dessert and rice and beans because let´s be real, we are still in Brasil :) The food was pretty good, but I still had to have some rice and beans. I am literally addicted. The rest of my district sees there is no rice and beans for a meal and think it is a miracle. I see not rice and beans and get so sad.... What is wrong with me? :) We went around the table with our disrict while we were eating and said what we were thankful for as well, so that was nice. Overall a nice day :)
 
I have one scripture that I want to share with all of you- it is Mosiah 5:4. You will have to go look it up, but I love how is says they started with faith on this words and from that they recieved great knowledge. I can be hard to trust and have faith, but so great are the rewards and knowledge for those who put their trust in the Lord. I was reading in Mosiah 5 this week and that verse really jumped out at me.
 
One last thought- so it is kind of a joke in our district that if I eat gluten I wil die. Not get sick, just die. I have told the elders this is not true, but they still say it anyway. So we were sitting for sacarment meeting and we were talking to the elders who were passing the sacarment and we were talking about how our bread needs to be seperate and not touch the others, so they went to get a little cup for it. The elder came back and said `You know, if you die while taking the sacament you go right to the CK (Celestial Kingdom)`. Then my friend who also has celic said `We will get twinkled!` I guess it doesn`t sound that funny, so maybe you had to be there, but it was funny :)
 
Sorry this email is all over the place! I will try to get better and more organzied for next week. I hope you all have a fabulous week and a great start to December!
 
I know this gospel is true and that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He died for me and for you, so that we can all live with our Heavenly Father again someday. I am grateful for the power of prayer that allows us to prayer to our Father in Heaven whenever we want and where ever we maybe. I am so grateful for this knowledge to help guide my life and grateful for the opportunity to share it with others.
 
I love you all!!
 
Com Amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment