Friday, December 6, 2013

Almost Done!

Oi Everyone!
 
I cannot believe that on Tuesay I will be flying to Maceió! Time has flown by here and I finally feel like I am getting into a routine, which means that it is time for me to go :) I don´t know my flight plans yet, but I will be flying with 3 other Americans, 2 Hispanics and a few Brasilians (at least that is all I know if right now), so I will most definitely not be alone, which is nice :)
 
Nothing too crazy happened this week. I pretty much do the same things everyday, so nothing too exciting, but there are some nice random things that happened, so I will share those with all of you. I promise that when I get out into the field life will become more interesting and I will hopefully have some nice stories to share :)
 
I played the piano for a musical number this past Domingo. I never realized I had gotten spoiled with music conductors who knew what they were doing, like Trista until now. The woman who was leading the music, bless her heart, is so sweet, but she knows nothing about music. She knows it too, but there is no one else to do it, so she does. She doesn´t know all the music terms, she speaks in half Português, half English and we practice in a big room so I can´t always hear her and of course if something goes wrong, it is my fault, but honestly it was great. I love playing the piano and I forgot how much I missed accompanying. I am playing two musical numbers this coming Domingo. My distrito is singing Be Still My Soul and then all of the missionaries who leave the CTM this week sing as well and they are singing the EFY Medly, so that will be a good time :)
 
I think my Português is coming along better. I can usually understand when people talk as long as they don´t talk crazy fast or mumble. It is funny because out of me and my companion, I understand Português better, but she speaks Português better, so we work together and make it through. Everyone has said not to worry though because once I get out into the field I will most likely have a Brazilian companion and so of course we will be speaking Português 24/7. I am kind of nervous, but I know that my mission president would not put me with someone mean or patient. At least I hope not... :)
 
I bore my testimony in Português this past domingo. My district leader said that all of us in our district should bear our testimonies and I sat there for a while and then Elder Freeman started giving me looks and I thought why not. It was pretty rough Português, but hopefully people felt the Spirit and understood what I was trying to say. I was pretty proud of myself though :)
 
In my studies this week I read D&C 138 and it is so good. If you have not read it recently, you definately should.
 
Hopefully next week I will be able to attach pictures so you can see what beautiful Brasil looks like and everyone in my district here at the CTM!
 
I know this gospel is true with all of my heart. I know Heavenly Father watches over each one of us and puts people in our path who can help us, guide us and support us. I know He loves each one of you more than you could ever comprehend.
 
I love you all and miss you!! Enjoy the snow for me :)
 
Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment