Monday, December 30, 2013

2 Meses!

Oi Everyone! 
 
I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and is doing well! I cannot belive that 
I have been on the mission for 2 monthes! Where has the time gone?! Anyway, 
stories from this week... 
 
On Christmas Eve me and the other sisters we live with made cookies and caroled 
and sang to the members so that was alot of fun and then on Christmas we had a 
pretty lazy day- or as lazy as you can get with being a missionary :) We woke up 
at 6:30 like normal, but we sat around opened presents that we had and didn´t 
leave the house until 11 for our lunch appointment. It was so nice to just relax 
and enjoy the day. It still didn´t really feel like Christmas though because it 
was sunny and super warm. 
 
A perk from being a missionary this week- so if the members cannot feed us one 
day for some reason they always give us money and that happened twice this week 
and my comp and I went to the little buffet- to- go food place about 2 minutes 
from our apartment. We got there, got our food and then the person who owns the 
places we had tracted into days before and he gave us our meal for free! It was 
super nice and the food was so amazing too, which is also a plus :) 
 
On Saturday we went to a ward activity which reminded me of the Labor Day Picnic 
we have at home except and it was hotter at this activity than at the picnic at 
home, it was for Christmas/New Years and people were swimming... Brasil :) It 
was a good time though. 
 
Another perk this week- I got out of speaking in sacarment meeting because I can 
play the piano. The bishop called at about 7 Sunday morning and asked with I 
would speak for 5 minutes about the Atonment of Cristo and of course I was 
freaking out, but we got to church and were sitting there when the bishop went 
to the piano/keyboard and set it to play prelude. It only played one song and 
then stopped so I thought I would asked if he wanted me to play. Of course he 
said yes so I went and was playing prelude and then he came up to me and asked 
me how many hymns I knew and I knew all of the ones he wanted to sing that day, 
so I played the piano/organ/keyboard for sacarment meeting and he said I didn´t 
have to speak.. yes! I always knew playing the piano was a good idea :) Just 
kidding. It was so awesome to be able to play again and honestly, if I play 
every Sunday for the rest of the mission, I would be perfectly happy :) 
 
Nothing else crazy happend this week. It wasn´t a good week for missionary work 
because everyone was out of town or with the family for the holidays, so we did 
alot of contacting, but I am hopeful that next week will be better :) 
 
I hope you all have a fabulous New Year!! I cannot believe that it is going to 
be 2014! Times goes to fast! 
 
I love you all and miss you everyday!! 
 
Com Amor, Sister Chilson 
  
 
 
                     Sarah and her companion Sister Martin 



No comments:

Post a Comment