Monday, June 16, 2014

Copo do Mundo!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! Nothing too amazing happened this week, but I will fill you on what did happen. 

This week we had our exchange and I went to Eduardo Gomes for a day and worked there. We have an exchange once every transfer and either me or my companion stay in our area and the other goes to the other area. We always do the exchange with the Sister Treinadoras. They are pretty much Zone Leaders for the sisters. I always love seeing another area, but the hard part is that you teach people and I will probably never see then again! It is like only reading until the 5th chapter in a 20 chapter book! :)

This week Copo do Mundo (The World Cup) also started. We stay inside a little bit before, during and after the game. We just have to use our best judgement about when we should go inside and when we think it is good to left our apartment after the game is over. I knew that people were crazy about soccer (futebol here), but that is an understatment! There was literally no one in the road, not a single person or car, everyone was having a party at their house, everyone wears a jersey or at least the color of Brasil (yellow and green). And here, fireworks are legal for anyone and everyone to do. There are people who sell them in the streets and anyone can buy them. That is probably the more dangerous part and the part I have the more worry about. We had to stay inside and the two Brazilian sisters I live with were going crazy, while me and the other sister from Peru were just sitting and talking like normal. You don´t need to watch the game though to hear what is doing one though. You can hear all of Brasil screaming ´goal´ and fireworks don´t get just off at the end of the game, but at every goal. At the end of the game though you would have thought that they won the entire world cup because there were so many fireworks, but it was only the first game... If they win I have no idea when will happen... It really is a different world here. I will let you know how things continue as the World Cup continues. They play again tomorrow

A little bit of culture this week- Sister Araújo and I bought corn from pretty much off the side of the road, but don´t worry, it´s all good. 4 ears of corn for R$ 4! Literally there was just two people standing there and a huge pile of corn and you just walk up and buy what you want. Oh, how I love Brasil :)

This week I started reading Jesus the Christ and oh my goodness I love it. It is crazy long and you have to get into it a little because it is not one of those quick read books, but it is so good! I am so grateful for all the books, scriptures and words of the prophets we have to learn from. 

Well, that is all for this week. We find out about transfers next Sunday and I feel like I will be transfered. I have been in this area for 4 monthes- 3 transfers and I LOVE this area, so that means that I will probably be transfered... I love this ward, the members, the area we have to work... oh I love Grageru! :) 

I know that this is church is true. I know that Jesus Cristo is our Savior and that He will return one day. I know that it can be a day of joy or sadness depending now on what we do and what we choose. I am so excited for when our Savior will return. I know that it will be a marvilous day! (I am not ready for Him to come yet, I want to finish my mission first, but nevertheless, I am excited :) ). 

I hope you all have a fabulous week! I love you and miss you!!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment