Monday, June 9, 2014

Hello!

Hello Everyone!!

I hope that you are all doing well!! Time is just flying by! It is so hard to believe that 1 year ago this coming Saturday, the 14th, I will have recieved my call. I feel like that was just yesterday. I was thinking about everything that has happened in this past year. Man time goes by fast!

Sister Araújo and I taught a bunch of people this week, but some exciting things that happened- our recent convert who was baptized on the 10th of May recieved the priesthood yesterday! We were able to be in the room and it was so sweet to be there. Now, he will be able to bless and pass the sacrament. I still cannot help but think of where he was just two monthes ago and where he is now. He is so happy and has a light about him. I am always so happy when we talk with him and I cannot imagine the joy that Heavenly Father must feel. He knows him perfectly and knows his whole life´s story where as we just know a little bit, but I cannot imagine being anymore happy for him! Oh, how I love this work!

Things are in full swing for São João here and the first game with Brasil for the World Cup. There is special food here for São João and it is everything with corn, which is wonderful because it means I can eat it! There are places that see special food and it is so cheap. Just this week we were walking and were hungry so we bought one corn on the cob that was already cooked and warm and ready to eat. It is just about $1. How I love my like here, eating corn on the cob walking through the streets of Brasil :)

This Saturday we were also able to do a service project with the rest of our stake for Mãos que Ajudam (Helping Hands). We walked around a certain neighborhood that talked with people about dengue. There are 5 different types of dengue here in Brasil and it is especially dangerous now that it is raining more. Attached are pictures. Please don´t be jealous of how amazing I look in my skirt and yellow vest :) It was so much fun and now I know better about how not get dengue :)

Well, nothing else too exciting this week... I will try to have better stories next week :) I love this gospel so much and am so happy to be apart of this great work. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers every prayer. I know that He will always give us the strength we need to get through every trial, hardship or struggle. I know that He loves us each so much. He knows us each, by name and knows more about us than we know about ourselves. He wants the best of each of us and will help us become the best that we can be. 

I hope you all have a great week!! I love you and miss you!!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment