Monday, September 15, 2014

Brasil

Hello Everyone!
I cannot believe that we are already halfway through the month of September! I hope you all had a fabulous week! This week was pretty uneventful again, life just keeps moving here in Brasil.
First a funny/gross story- Sister Lopez and I were teaching a 17 year old girl and she has two huge dogs, like HUGE dogs. One of them is part pit bull and the other is a full bred of something that I can´t remember, but when they stand on their two legs they are just up to my shoulder. They are also crazy heavy, but very loving, they just go a little crazy when we come over :) Anyway, the owner had given them each a piece of bread to calm down a little and one of the dogs walked up to me and coughed up some of the bread he was chewing onto my skirt... Sister Lopez just looked and was trying not to laugh and I was trying now to get too grossed out. Don´t worry, the dog ate it again, so there was nothing left. Needless to say when I got home, I threw that skirt in the wash :) Good times on the mission :)
This week we also had a Branch Talent Show which was fun and us sisters always go to every branch activity whether we had investigators there or not because we are really part of the branch here, especially when the branch averages on 60 people every Sunday- and we are 4 of them! I love being apart of the branch though even though it is small, but I know everyone by name and everyone is so sweet.
Yesterday I had a little bit of a culture moment again. The son of a recém convert (she has been a member a little more than a year) passed away yesterday morning so the other sisters went to her house instead of church of help comfort here. After church and almoço Sister Lopez and I went too and stayed there the whole day. I don´t know if every death is like this because it is the first one I have really been apart of in Brasil, but he died, they had a wake, funeral and burial all within about 12 hours! I guess it is nice, because you can move on quickly, but it is alot. It was an emotional day yesterday for us and I didn´t even know the person who died! I had a lot of time to think yesterday and it is so hard to see the heartbreak that seperation brings, espcially when unexpected, but I thought that maybe that was what it was like for each on of us when we watched loved ones and friends come down to earth and be born while we stayed up in the premortal world until our time. Just like death here on earth, in heaven we knew that we will be able to see our loved ones again, we may just wait years here on earth and then years after when we meet in the spirit world after we had died. Seperation is always hard, but we had the assurance from a loving Heavenly Father that this life is not the end. Each one of us one day will leave this earth for a better world, one without suffering or pain. I know that this is true. Our loving Heavenly Father made a perfect plan for each one of us that allows us to grow, that be with our families forever.
Well, not much else exciting happened. I had a Zone Conference tomorrow in Aracaju which means that I can see some of my friends who are in other zones, that we are getting up really early tomorrow to get to the church by 7:30 in Aracaju, but it will be a good day :)
I know that this church is true. I know that we had a living prophet today. I know that the priesthood power is real, that it can bring miracles. I know that we are never alone here on this journey of life. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants the best for each one of us.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you and miss you!!
Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment