Monday, September 22, 2014

Itabaiana, Baptism and Transfers

Hello Everyone!!
What a crazy week this was! First off, probably what you are all wondering about is transfers- I will be leaving Itabaiana. I was transfered to Maceió, back to Antares! You maybe wondering, can that happen? It´s true, it can happen. The new mission president hears nothing about the other area we have served in, other companions, nothing, just where we are when he get´s here. I am so excited to go back to Antares. The area has changed because they made a new ward, but they meet in the same church building as before, and have som of the same members. I am so excited to show them by Português now :) There was something new with transfers this time with the new mission president. Before, we got a phone call Sunday night from our leaders telling us if we would be transfered or not, and this time we got an email today that told us if we would be transfered and where. It was much more stressful, but now it starts with the saying goodbyes, packing and all of that. I have to go to Aracaju, Siqueira Campos, at 2:30 tomorrow morning to get the bus to Macaió (don´t worry, this time I won´t go back :) ). I will let you all know how Antares is doing next week. I am so sad to be leaving Itabaiana, but so happy to be returning to Macieó :)
This week we also had Zone Conference and I decided to be ´springy´with my yellow shirt and skirt I borrowed from Sister Lopez because tomorrow is the first day of spring! :) Also in the picture is my LZ (they are so awesome) and Sister Nunes, Moura and Lopez. We are all getting transered, so none of them will be going with me to Maceió :( I loved this zone though! Zona Lagarto! :)
Saturday we also had a baptism for Nivaldo. He has been coming to church for 6 monthes now and the day finally came when he decided to be baptized. He always said he would, but just that the time wasn´t right, but he always said he would be baptized before Sister Lopez and I left and he was! I cannot describe the joy I felt when I saw him in white. Sister Lopez and I cried so much and it still doesn´t feel real... Such a wonderful day! Truly when you see people come unto Christ, everything- tears, pain, discouragment- is worth it.
Well, that´s all I have time for today! I hope you all have a fabulous week! I know that this Church is true and that Jesus Cristo leads and guides this church. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for everything and men cannot fustrate the plans of God.
I love you and miss you!!
Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment