Monday, September 8, 2014

The Church is True

Hello Everyone!
I hope you all had a fabulous week! This week was pretty much normal for us here, just teaching, eating and sleeping :)
This past Wednesday we had the mission tour with the general authority. We had the meeting in Aracaju with the rest of the elders in our zone and a few other companionships. We up at 5:15 to get ready and get there in time and then things started late... but we were there on time :) The meeting was good. It is always amazing to hear general authority speak and we learned alot of things of how we can become more productive in our work. Our mission president also used this time to change some rules in our mission, which ruffed the feathers of some people. It was nothing major, it is just hard to change :)
This Saturday there was also a wonderful Relief Society activity about virtuous women. I don´t have time to explain it all, but there were women who dressed up like virtuous women from the scriptures (Eve, Sarah, Mary, Ruth etc.) and talked about the faith and such they had and then the actual RS sisters shared their testionies. It was to show how we are all important, all of us have faith and just because these women in the sciprtures did these amazing things, we are all the same. It was such a great activity and I will be keeping it in the back of my head for when I come home and have a calling in Relief Society  and we have to plan an activity :)
I just wanted to share a quote this week from Preach My Gospel about hope. I don´t know what the exact words are because I was too lazy to go through my suitcase to find my English PMG, so I just tried my best to translate it in English from Portugues :) But more or less it says- Hope is the trust in God´s promises, faith that if we act today, the desired blessings with come in the future. James E. Faust.
Hope can be dificult to have, but we can cling to the faith that we have, the examples in the scriptures that God´s always keeps His promises and that if we do the right things now that all with work out for our good and we are promised we will have eternal life in the world to come- happiness with our families without end.
I know that this church is true!
I love you all so much and hope you all have a fabulous week!!
Com amor,
Sister Chilson
 
Pics
 
Pizza Sister Lopez and I made
my district right now (4 americans, and 4 brazilians)
When Sister Lopez and I bough açaí
açaí
Us 4 sisters and the conference this week


No comments:

Post a Comment