Monday, April 21, 2014

Feliz Páscoa!

Hello Everyone!!

I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter yesterday! Easter is not as big here as it is in the states, but they eat alot of chocolate... I ate so much chocolate this week it is crazy. Quase cada membro gave us chocolate and my district leader even gave each of us sister a big chocolate bar. It is bigger than a king size Hershey bar in the states. He knows how to get the sisters to work with him :)

I met my new companion this week too! Her name is Sister Araújo. She is from Fortaleza and has been out on the mission for 9 monthes. She is super awesome and we are getting to know each other and figuring out how to teach together and such. Attached is a picture of my district with my new Zone Leaders. My Zone Leaders are on each end of the elders. One is from Peru and the other from Colorado. Also attached I have the last picture of me and Sister Castro together.

This week we didn´t teach that many lessons because Tuesday I waited at the stake center with a bunch of other elders and sisters who were waiting for their companions from Maceió. It is a 6 hour bus ride and they got to Sergipe at about 6 a noite. Then we headed to our apartment and got her settled in. Also this week Friday was a holiday and today is a holiday so there are not many people in the streets and not many things are open. 

We did teach some lessons this week though and we are going to work from the area book this next week to find novo pessoas to teach. I will keep you all posted though!

Sorry, this email is not as good as the one from last week... Every week cannot be amazing otherwise it wouldn´t be amazing! :) 

I know this church is true with all of my heart. I am so grateful for our Savior who sacrificed for us that we can all live with our Heavenly Father forever. I am so grateful for the gift of prayer. We can pray anytime and anywhere and He is always right there listening and ready to help. How wonderful is that! 

I hope you all have a great week!! I love you and miss you!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment