Monday, April 28, 2014

Another Week...

Hello Everyone!

I cannot believe that another week is gone. I am already halfway done with this transfer because it is only 4 weeks long... Where does the time go?!

This week was a little slow, nothing crazy amazing happened, but last P-Day we went to the zoo! It is nothing compared to the Seneca Park Zoo, but it was nice to do something different. Attached are some pictures of some parrots (because this is Brasil :)), a picture with me next to the sign at the entrance of the zoo with a member who decided to jump in the picture too and a picture of my ´family´ the mission. From right to left it is, S. Moraes, my grandma, S. Martin, my mom, S. Soares, my aunt, S. Barratt, my sister, me and a different S. Araújo (not my companion) who is my cousin. It will be the last (and only) picture we have together because S. Moraes goes home this transfer. 

This week we had 3 investigators come to church again which was amazing. One thing that I had the priviedge to see this week is what how trials in the lives of 2 of my investigators brought about such a change of heart in them. I think back to when I met them just a few short weeks ago and to hear my talk and hear their desires now is so amazing. I am so grateful that they had this trial in their life, but to see them now, their have different focuses and they are such different people. That has been one the many blessings that I have recieved here on the mission, being able to watch the Lord work in the lives of people and watch people change. I am so grateful for that!

Nothing else amazing happened this week, Sister Araújo and I taught people, walked, ate almoço with members and taught and walked... :) 

I hope that you are all doing well! Oh, one other picture I attached is of me and my companion by a sign that translates roughly to `Place where I feel sad and miss (fill in the blank with qualquer coias you miss, family, home, your jeans that you want to wear). I don´t really know how you describe saudade... maybe google translate? Or you just have to know Português :) 

Well anyway, that was my week! I hope that you all have a fabulous week as we welcome in Maio! Where did that come from?! 

I know this church is true with all of my heart and I am so grateful to have the gospel and all of the knowledge is brings in my life. 

I love and miss you all!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment