Monday, May 5, 2014

The Gospel is Beautiful and True!

Hello Everyone!

I cannot believe that it is Maio, that I have been on my mission for 6 monthes and that this is the last week of this transfer! Where does the time go!? :) We had another wonderful week here in Grageru filled with miracles. 

One of the biggest things is that we will have two baptisms this coming Saturday. It is two brothers who I talked about other weeks. The change in them is unbelieveable. This gospel is so beautiful and truly anyone can change. One of the brothers volunteers to give prayers at lessons, is reading the Book of Mormon two times everyday and walked to the adult session of stake conference alone at night. He even said yesterday to us that he can testify that this is the church of Jesus Christ. I wanted to cry because I am so happy and filled with joy that this gospel has made such a difference in his life and that I was blessed to be able to see this change in him. The mission is not easy, but when you meet people like this and are able to see such a profund change... it makes it all worth it. I wish that I could tell you all in person!! I guess I will just have to wait for my homecoming talk :) 

This week we also had entravistas with President Gonzaga and Stake Conference with Presdient Costa of the Seventy. It was probably the best stake conference I have ever been at, sorry everyone in Rochester. The spirit was SO strong. I am so grateful that I was able to understand pretty much everything. I am so grateful for inspired leaders who help lead and guide us. The adult session was all about missionary work and how every member is a missionary. The Sunday session was about missionary work também, but President Costa talked about how the gospel was created and everything we do here on earth is so that families can be sealed together for eternity. I know this is true. We are so blessed to have the priesthood authority and temples that allow us to make sacred covenants that bind families together eternally. He shared stories about people who travel days to get to the temple and the area I am in right now the closest temple is 10 hours away and you know what he said, they live close to a temple. I made me think about how I live 30 minutes away from a temple in Palmyra. I will make sure that when I get home that I always make temple attendance a goal and planned. We are so blessed to have the restored gospel here on earth- we need to us it and show our gratidue to our Heavenly Father!

This week was so wonderful and attached are some pictures. One with me and Sister Gonzaga and the other is a group of sisters who were waiting for entravista com Presidente Gonzaga. We are teaching more people this week, but Sister Araújo and I are so excited for our batismos this Saturday. We will finish this transfer well :)

I am so grateful for this gospel and the power it has to change lives. I know that we are never to far away to come back and there is not one person who cannot be changed by this gospel. I am so grateful to be able to see the change in people´s lives. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me with His precious children. I love this gospel. I know that our Redeemer lives!!

I hope you all have a fabulous week!! I love you and miss you!!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment