Monday, May 19, 2014

I love the mission!

Hello Everyone!

What a week this was! I hope that you are all doing well! I cannot believe we are halfway through Maio! Where does the time go... :)

We didn´t have any baptisms this week, but we are still teaching a bunch of people. Some ramdon things for this week. I am the only American in our house now! It is two Brasilians and a sister from Peru. I am also the second oldest in terms of time on the mission with my companion being the oldest with 9 monthes. I am still the youngest in age though :)

It is still really hard to speak in English. A member in the ward was trying to speak with my in English to practice because he has been home from his mission for 2 years and he learned a good amount of English, but he never has anyone to practice with. Nossa, maybe I will just have to stay here because I think with another year I will have forgoten English... :)

Tapioca! I am now addicted to tapioca. Yet another thing I will have to bring back to the states with me... That´s why you have Brasilian friends though who will send you things and I will send them things from the states :) I don´t know if you remember when I was with Sister Martin and I tried to explain tapioca to you all, but now I can buy it and make it in our house. So, you buy in in a bag and to make it thinner, you sift it though a little strainer. You add some salt, pour a little in a pan, flatten it out and about 30 seconds later is all kind of melts or sticks together or something, you flip is over and your good to go. You don´t have to put oil, butter or anthing in the pan, which is nice that is doesn´t stick. Then you can put whatever you want in it. In mine I have some butter and coconut, but really anything. I roll mine up too, but you can fold it in half if you want. It is also so filling which is nice. I hope that makes more sense now :)

One thing that I learned more this week is the power of the Atonement. I am teaching people principles that I already know, but the more I teach, the more I learn. The Atonement is such a beautiful thing. Cristo suffered for all of our sins already and through the Atonement we can become better everyday. We are never going to be perfect in this life, but we just have to try to be better each day and Heavenly Father will be happy. He knows the intents and desires of our hearts; even just the desire to change and be better is great. I am so grateful for the Atonement and my Savior! Because of His sacrifice we can all live with our Heavenly Father and families eternally. What a beautiful message! 

Also, if you have a chance read Mosiah 25, but verse 22 is what I like the most. One things I have been so grateful for is to serve outside the states. It is hard because it is a new culture, new things, new food and alot of things are difference, but I have really been able to see that the gospel is the same throughout all the world. You can go to church one week in Brasil, the next in Italy and you will learn the same princples and feel the same Spirit- how amazing is that! This really is His church. 

I am so grateful to have this beloved gospel in my life and be able to share it with the world. Everyday I get the wear the name of the Savior and everyone who I talk to or sees me, knows it. I am so grateful to be serving this mission. I know now why everyone who is a return missionary always talks about their mission- because it really is this best thing ever. You learn so much, meet so many amazing people and have experiences that you will remember forever. I love the mission! 

I hope you all have a fabulous week! I love you and miss you!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson
 
 To make up for last week... pictures :)

My baptism! Me my companion and the man we taught
Me and the other sisters I live with by Sergipe river when we went to Centro last week
The stake president lives in this fancy neighborhood type thing and there are some really pretty murals- a parrot and coconuts because this is Brasil :)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment