Monday, April 14, 2014

The Best Week of the Mission

Hello Everyone!!

What a wonderful, miracle filled, joyous, amazing week this was. This week really was the best week of my mission thus far. My heart is so filled with joy and happiness that I wish I could tell all of you in person, but I guess an email will have to do for now. 

First off, We found out about transfers yesterday and I will be staying in the same area, but my companion, Sister Castro, is getting transfered to another area in Sergipe. This transfer went by SO fast and I was hoping that we would have one more transfer together, but the Lord always has a bigger and great plan for us. I will find out tomorrow who my new companion will be for this new transfer. This transfer will only be 4 weeks though which is not really a transfer espcailly because we will have stake conference, entravista com Presidente and skype with our families this transfer... Many things to look forward to! It has to do with switching over to our new mission president in July (the different weeks in transfers). I will let you all know next week about my new companion!

So this week, we taught 23 lessons and had 3 investigators come to church...3!! I complete miracle. We are teaching one man who has some addictions, but it is so amazing to see the change that is already taking place in him. He has such a sincere desire to change and it is so beautiful to watch him take it all in as we teach him the gospel of Cristo. I cannot describe to you the joy I felt when we walked up and knocked on his door to take him to church and he was already to go. I love serving the Lord and His children!

We also taught a woman this week and we actually knocked on her door on accident looking for someone else, but she welcomed us right in and we taught her about the Plan of Salvation with her son and she came to church with us on Sunday and loved it and she is already taking about her next visit. Teaching our first lesson on Friday and then they are at church Sunday... it is all the Lord. It is so amazing to see the miracles unfold and I am so grateful to help these people come unto Cristo. 

My testimony was also strengthened so much this week. At our Reunião de Distrito esta semana my district leader said something that really hit me. He said that if we as missionaries study in the morning we don´t have to worry about what we are going to say when we are teaching.We just need to listen to the Spirit and we will know what to say. That really hit me because I am always worrying about what I am going to say after Sister Castro and if I will know the words in Português, but this week I really tried to just listen to the Spirit and it was amazing to see the Lord work through me. I love teaching and I love this work! The Lord will always give us what we need if we diligently seek Him. 

One last experience, this week I was able to see the promise of John 17:26-27 happen. Sister Castro and I went to teach a less active and Sister Castro asked if I would give a message and I was super calm, said a prayer, thought of a scripture and found it so easily and I haven´t look at that scripture in weeks. If we study and do our part, the Lord will help us in our times of need. 

Well that is all for this week...an amazing week! Oh, also, I am enlightening the children of Brasil about snow. They love that I am from the states and speak what little English they know with me, but I showed them the pictures of my house with snow because it is so sad they have new had the experience of snow. 

I know this gospel is true with all of my heart. Our Heavenly Father is so loving and merciful. He is in the details in our lives and if we just trust in Him, He will work through us and we will be able to see miracles unfold in our lives. I love this work!!

I hope you all have a great week and a wonderful Easter!! I love you all!!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment