Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Week!

Oi Everyone,

I hope that you all had great weeks! This week felt like it went by really slow this week, but I feel like it was just yesterday I was emailing all of you! 

I don´t have any big amazing stories this week about investigators or baptisms, but Sister Martin and I are working hard and teaching everyone we can. We walked the whole length of our area this week multiple times. I timed it one time and it is about and hour and 40 minutes, one way, from the start and finish of our area (the length only). There is one big road that divides our area from the other sisters in our ward and there are little road and stores that are off of the one main road. 

One not so awesome thing that happened yesterday- we had no water in our apartment (and not like we didn´t have hot water... we had no water). I was taking a shower and the water was crazy hot, but then it just stopped. I didn´t know if it was just me, but then one of the other sisters who was trying to take a shower said the same thing. We tried our best with what we had, but one of the sisters got some water from somewhere and we washed ourselves with water and buckets. The water was still not on after church and when we got home last night and I am not sure if it is back on now... I will see when we get home :) So that was not really fun and of course the one Sunday it happens is when President Gonzaga (my mission president), the stake president and a member of the Seventy is in our sacrament meeting. I thought something was going to happen like a change in the stake presidency or something because having all of them there at once is stange, but nothing big happened. The member of the Seventy spoke in sacrament meeting and that was about it. 

We also lost power one night this week and we could tell because you hear all of the fan go off. It was not off for very long, but still not having water and losing energia in the same week... good times :)

We got a little glimpse of what it is going to be like here during the World Cup this week. One day we tried to call and visit so many people, but no one was answering. We walked by a bar and then we realized the was a soccer game on... so that is what everyone was doing. There were so many people crammed into the bar to see the TVs and everyone was wearing jerseys... they mean business here :) So basically during the World Cup we are going to be doing nothing because everyone will be watching the World Cup :)

Sister Gonzaga also visited our apartment one day this week and she went to our almoço appointment também because she was going to spend the day with the other sisters in our ala. And of course who had the give the message? Me. I was so nervous, but I think that it actually went okay and after Sister Gonzaga said I did a great job. She has to say that though, right? Being the mission president´s wife? :)

Well that is about all that is happening here. Nothing super fun or amazing, but I have gone to baptims for the other sisters in our area and it always brings me so much joy when someone else get´s baptized. I know that this church is true and that our Savior lives. He died for each one of us and I know He will return one day and what a glorious day that will be. I love this gospel with all of my heart. 

I hope that you all have a great week! I think about Rochester and the beautiful state of New York everyday. I pray for you all. I miss and love you all so much!!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

Pics: My old district, me by the beautiful beaches of Maceió. There are times when I wish I could be somewhere there is snow, and then I walk by these beaches... Can I have both? :) Also, a picture of the entire mission. Can you find me? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment