Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy February!

Oi Everyone!

I cannot believe that February is here! Where did January go? :) I hope that you are all doing well. Our water came back on last Monday and we have not had problem since,so that´s nice :)

This week I celebrated my 3 month mark of my mission! As Sister Martin reminded me, I am 1/6th done with my mission. We celebrated with tapioca at the end of the day. I will try my best to explain it and maybe you can google to try to find a picture :) Basically she took what I think is tapioca flour and puts a layer on the skillet, then she put coconut shavings on top, a layer of cheese and then you can pick what goes inside (I picked chocolate, I know, it´s surprising :) ). There are a bunch of different options like fruit, but why would you pick that? :) Then she folds it in half and cuts it in a half and it is perfect to share with you missionary companion :) It isso hot when you first get it, but oh so good!! 

This week, the bishop in our ward changed our area boundaries so we have more members in our area which is great, but we now have to walk and hour and a half to get to our area and another half hour is our area... We walk alot, but Sister Martin and I talk and occasionally sing, so it´s fun :) Cada dia, we walk one way and take the ônibus the other way so it is not too bad. 

The bishop is the ward I am in right now is so amazing! He is so willing to help us with anything and makes sure that we are doing well. Actually the ward I am in right now is amazing. They spoil us so much with rides, food.... I am going to miss this ward so much! I still have at least 4 weeks left though, so I can´t start crying yet :)

Nothing else amazing happened this week.Sister Martin and I taught some more lessons, but none of our investigators came to church again this week, so that´s not fun,but we keep moving along. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve here in Maceió! My heart is so full of gratidue and joy to my Heavenly Father for blessing me so much. I know this gospel is true with all of my heart. I know that if we follow the commandments and teachings of the prophets we will be blessed and have true happiness in our lives.

I love you all so much and miss you everyday!! 

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment