Monday, February 24, 2014

Blessings

Olá Tudo Mundo!
 
I hope that you all had a fabulous week! Things are doing well here, but I cannot believe that this is the last week of this transfer! That means I have been in Maceió for 3 monthes, that I will finish my training and that I could be training someone else! I don´t think I will, but just the thought is a little scary. I know that the Lord knows what´s best for me though :)
 
We didn´t have any baptisms this past week, but we will this coming Saturday, the 1st of Março! It is a boy who is almost 13 years old. He is part of a less active family, but he and his grandma came to church yesterday and we are doing to this house tonight to do Family Home Evening with them. He is so sweet and listens to everything we teach him and he is so excited! Oh, how I love this work! :) We will also have another baptism the 8th of Março, but it is after transfers, so I don´t know if I will be here or not, but it is still exciting :)
 
Yesterday we had Ward Conference and I played the piano for the choir and for all the other hymns. It was funny because I didn´t know what the hymns were until about 5 minutes before I needed to play each hymn... I was oddly at peace though, so that is nice. Blessings! :) They don´t have bulitens for sacrament meeting like we do back home. Ward Conference was good, but when the stake president got up to speak it was weird because when I hear stake president I still think of Cary Jensen. :)
 
I had Zone Conference this past Friday so we had lots of instruction from President and Sister Gonzaga, the APs, Zone Leaders and the secretaries. We spent pretty much all day there and it was fun to see other missonaries who I haven´t seen in a while.
 
Random thing this week- me and then other sister I live with decided to do a secret sister candy swap. So we each picked a name from a hat and we had to buy something with chocolate in it for her that day and at the end of the day we shared who we had and gave her the chcoclate... I feel that this is something elders that wouldn´t do... only sisters :)
 
Well, that is all for this week! I hope that you all have a great week! I love this gospel and have recieved so many blessings from this work. It feels like I give all I have, but that I recieve more than I give. That is what happens though when you serve the Lord- you can never pay Heavenly Father back in full because He always gives you more.
 
I love you all and miss you like crazy!!
 
Com amor,
Sister Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment