Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick´s Day!

Oì Tudo Mundo!

I hope you all had a fabulous week and are doing well! Happy St. Patrick´s Day! They do not celebrate it here in Brasil obviously, but it´s all good. I am not really a fan of traditional Irish food anyway :) It is also a holiday here in Aracaju tambêm. The celebration of the city or something. I don´t really know, but no one has to work and almost everything is closed, but thankfully not this Lan House or the grocery store! :) 

I don´t have any amazing stories to tell this week, but we are still teaching some people. Two people have baptismal dates. This week Sister Castro and I are going to work from the recent convert and less active lists that we got yesterday at church to find novos para ensinar. 

The ward here is SO amazing! They are always looking out for us and offer to help in anyway they can. This ward is really focues on missionary work which is great. We had Family Home Evening with a family in the ward a week ago today and it was funny because we sang, prayed and a message, but after we didn´t just have a treat, we had a whole meal complete with a dessert as well. It was basically just another meal. Brasilians love their holidays and food :)

I also had my first district meeting with my new district this week and I have attached a picture. Please ignore my awful tan line. I love that shirt, but the sleves are higher than my other shirts... You don´t have to wonder if I am working here :) In the picture it is me, Sister Barrett, Sister Caripuna (they are companions) and Sister Castro (my companion). They we have Elder Sampaio and Elder Godoy (he is my district leader). 

I also had Reunião de Zona esta semana which is will a bunch of elders and sisters in my Zona. I have also attached a picture of that. My LZ are both Brasilian. I got to see Sister Pew though (my comp from the CTM) because she is in my zona. It was so nice to see her and talk about everything that has happened in the past 3 monthes. 

Other than that, nothing else amazing happened this week, but we will keep working hard this week and teaching the gospel :)

In my personal study this week I read Enos in O Livro de Mórmon and I realized again how amazing it is! If you haven´t read it in a while, you should. Also, I read that conference talk by Elder Holland called `Lord, I Believe`. It is a fantastic talk about faith that definately strengthened my faith. I am getting to excited for General Conference in just a few weeks! It will be in Português, but I am still so excited!

I know this gospel is true with all of my heart. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He died for you and me. He suffered for each of us so He would know exactly how to help us in our pain and suffering. How selfless and loving! I know that families are forever and that this life is not the end. I love this gospel with all of it´s beautiful truths!

I hope you all have a fabulous week! I miss you and love you!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment