Monday, March 10, 2014

The Adventure Continues!

Hello Everyone!!

Transfers went well and now I am serving in Sergipe!! I am in the Grageru 1st ward with me, my companion and two other sisters. I was so surprised to get transfered to Sergipe, but I am so happy to know what Sergipe is like as well as Maceiò. We have a 5 hour bus ride though (it is suppose to be 6, but because of Carnaval there was literally no traffic). Once we got to Sergipe I met my companion, Sister Castro. She is Brazilian and is literally the sweetest person ever! She is so patient with my Português and it always willing to repeat things or expain things another way. I am so grateful to have a Brazilian companion because I really want to fully learn Português and having someone who knows no English helps with that :) 

My new area is smaller than my other one and we dont have to walk very far to get to our area (like 2 minutes). It is super cute here though. There are houses and then on the corner there will be a little bakery...  I love it here. It is hotter here than in Maceiò though because here there is not much of a breeze, but you get to a certain point where it is just hot and it´s fine :)

The ward here is super sweet and so focused on missionary work. I spoke yesterday in church and also played the piano in sacrament meeting. The meeting was starting and there was no one there to play, so I offered to one of the counslors in the bishopric and he said yes. It is always so nice to play and it is a way that I can share my testimony because sharing it in Português still isn´t the same as English. 

I know that all the rest of you had daylight savings, but here we don´t change the clocks, so I didn´t have to get used to a different time. I don´t really know why we don´t here, but it´s all good. 

I don´t really have much else to add, but Sister Castro and I taught so many lessons last week and we have some people who we are so excited to teach! We walk out of a lesson as vezes and just turn to each other and smile because we love that invstigator so much! I will keep you all updated though on people we teach who are going to be baptized. 

I hope that you all had a great week and have an even more amazing week this week! I know this gospel is true with all of my heart. I know that we have a prophet who is on the earth today. I know that he recieves revelation from Heavenly Father to guide and direct us and if we listen to his counesl we will be blessed. 

I love you and miss you all!!!

Com amor,
Sister Chilson

Oh, also, people have such a hard time with my name! I never would have thought Chilson would be so hard! They look at my tag and then have to look again because the don´t know how to pronunce it. Good times :)
 
 
 Sarah's new companion Sister Castro.
Sarah's new area Sergipe, Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment